Constant change is a hallmark of the Washington environment. The federal legislative process presents challenges — and opportunities — for all stakeholders, including businesses, customers, employers, and employees. Whether these challenges include concern about a law or regulation, or a need for funding of a project, the SGI Group helps its clients achieve results.
We understand the importance of providing the right message to the right people at the right time. Yet, to be successful in Washington, advocacy skills alone are insufficient. Achieving a sustained level of success for our clients requires a comprehensive understanding of the policy environment and the functions of the various federal entities in the legislative and executive branches. This awareness only comes with tenure, experience, and continual “doing the homework.”
Our advocacy team turns to our policy team for that. These are the professionals who read the reports, monitor the news, and analyze the data — and then quickly share key information with our advocates on the front line. Not every advocacy firm possesses this tier of knowledge. Because SGI Group does, it gives our clients the edge.
The SGI Group can:
- Give knowledgeable counsel regarding the legislative process
- Prepare and present project information directly to key players on Capitol Hill
- Open doors at federal agencies
- Track current legislation and provide reports to our clients
- Act on your behalf to present requested information about your project to the appropriate committee or agency
- Work on a bipartisan basis
- Build coalitions through grassroots advocacy, direct lobbying, and identification of key allies and supporters
- Provide funding research.