Project Funding Opportunities
The SGI Group has successfully secured hundreds of millions of dollars in funding for our clients from federal, state, and other sources. We have decades of experience seeking funding for our clients’ worthwhile projects. We achieve successes not only through the annual budgeting process, but also through the promotion of policy changes that result in a favorable financial iimpact to our clients’ bottom lines. And we are among the most experienced when it comes to securing funding via the highly arcane and intensely competitive grants process.
The grants environment is intensively competitive. Nevertheless, the SGI Group’s grants team has secured tens of millions of dollars in grants funding for its clients. More than two dozen writers, editors, and consultants — more than half of whom hold Ph.D.’s — make up our team. They are experts in agriculture, defense, health, higher education, homeland security, science and more. And they are highly knowledgeable when it comes to producing winning proposals.
Recent grants our clients have been awarded include:
- $1.5 million for a study on electronic medical records;
- $217,000 from the State of Tennessee for a model education and training program;
- $200,000 a year for 3 years to expand school-based health centers;
- $500,000 a year for 3 years to implement an electronic record and barcode system.
SGI Group offers the following services:
- Identifying grant opportunities
- Evaluating compatibility with particular grant programs
- Developing a strategic grants plan
- Providing consulting throughout the grant submission and award process
- Organizing information and data-collection for grant applications
- Overseeing the completion of complex application forms
- Preparing copy and content for application submissions, proposals, and letters of intent
- Submitting applications on behalf of clients
SGI Group would like to invite you to participate in a conference call with our experts. This complimentary, 30-minute call provides your team with an overview of the funding opportunities you may be missing, and resources that are available.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Gwen Mathews at Gwen.Mathews@sgigroup.net.
SGI Group can:
- Develop superior projects and seek appropriate funding sources
- Create a high level of network contacts and maintain long-term relationships with decision-makers
- Identify and evaluate the best growth opportunities
- Form strategic alliances to maximize project performance
- Integrate our team with our client’s to assure a strong partnership.
(CONGRESSIONAL EARMARKS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME)
Much of our success is derived from our project criteria formula in which we we take only only the projects that offer a high certainty of funding. And we’re pleased that so many of our successes have added to economic viability of many communities.
Our clients’ successes include:
- $6.7 million in state and federal funds for a new county jail.
- $23 million from energy and water funds for cleanup of a nuclear landfill.
- $2 million for a defense contractor for the development of a drone plane.
- A 6-figure grant through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for a pulp and paper company for industrial efficiency that will allow it to upgrade key facilities and reduce energy costs while strengthening its market competitiveness.
- Securing both federal and state grant monies for a small community in Alabama for land acquisition and industrial access roads, allowing it to land its first-ever major industrial client and ultimately create over 400 new jobs.
- A multi-million-dollar federal loan guarantee to allow construction of new, clean electrical generation facilities that will power new economic development.
- $1 million from the Defense Department for a computerized data entry system (FY 2008);
- $400,000 for hospital construction (FY 2008);
- $589,000 for a high-tech recordkeeping initiative (FY 2008).