SGI Group was founded in Ohio and now has a strong government relations presence in Alabama, Colorado, Idaho, Kentucky, Michigan, and Mississippi as well, representing a wide variety of interests there. This is a team of experienced government relations specialists, which has established itself as a leader in the advocacy profession by providing access to key state legislators and agency directors involved in the development of related policy.
The guiding philosophy of our consulting approach is to bring long-term value to the client relationship, anticipating our clients’ needs and performing beyond their expectations. While we pride ourselves on being problem solvers when engaged in legislative initiatives -a reflection of the skills and talents of our highly experienced and respected staff- we are oriented to long-term relationships rather than “quick fix” engagements in order to help our clients create lasting, outcome-oriented solutions to current problems while at the same time creating the capacity to successfully address and resolve future challenges.
The SGI Group can:
- Give knowledgeable counsel regarding the legislative and regulatory processes
- Prepare and present project information directly to key players in the state legislature
- Open doors at state agencies
- Track current legislation and provide full reports to our clients
- Gain high visibility and establish a competitive advantage for your project or organization
- Advise on or oversee and personally deliver project letters of support from your community directly to State Senators and Representatives
- Act on your behalf to present requested information about your project to the appropriate committee or state agency
- Team with other interested parties to steer the outcome of legislation toward your interest
- Work on a bipartisan basis
- Build coalitions through grassroots advocacy, direct lobbying, and identification of key allies and supporters
- Provide funding research for our clients to maximize on project funding potential